Alpha: What’s it all about?
A great course to learn more about the Christian Faith and an opportunity to explore the questions of life.
Topics covered in Alpha
- Christianity: Boring, untrue, irrelevant?
- Who is Jesus? Why did Jesus die?
- How can I be sure of my faith?
- Does He heal and guide today?
- Why and how should I pray?
- Why and how should I read the Bible?
- How does God guide us?
- Who is the Holy Spirit?
- What does the Holy Spirit do?
- How can I be filled with the Holy Spirit?
- How can I resist evil?
- Does God heal today?
- How and why should we tell others?
- Is Church worth bothering about?
- How can I make the most of the rest of my life?
The course was run at St. Peter's in the fall of 2016. We hope to offer the course again. Please check back for updates.
Emphasis is on the Person and the work of
God, the Holy Spirit.
Alpha was the best thing I ever did. It helped answer some huge questions and to find a simple empowering faith in my life.
People consider the claims of Christ in fresh and stimulating ways through Alpha.
To me, Alpha is an expression of the work of the Holy Spirit… It’s accessible, it’s easy, and it’s user-friendly. It’s extraordinary. It’s leading people into a personal relationship with Jesus and building a community that engages with the world and changes it for the better.